Wondering how to clean a refrigerator? In this article, I have covered 12 important tips you should follow. The refrigerator may be the largest appliance in your kitchen, but you may not consider cleaning it the way you clean countertops and other surfaces unless you spill something. But a clean refrigerator is more energy-efficient, hygienic, and has a longer lifespan, so you have to work at least once a year. Cleaning that big refrigerator can be a horrifying one.
So here are some easy solutions to your questions about how to get it completed right.
- For drawers and shelves that cannot be removed, along with the sides of the internal compartments, take baking soda and some water. Clean inside of the refrigerator with a mixture of 1 part baking soda and 7 water parts. Dry it with a clean towel.
- Be careful with commercial cleaners because their odor can carry over to food. Work from top to bottom to avoid dripping onto an already clean surface. Use a toothbrush or toothpick specifically for cleaning the cracks that cannot be reached with a cloth.
- Use toothpaste to remove stubborn stains, containing a mild Rubbing, and has a pleasant odor. If you have stubborn stains that cannot be removed, you may need to purchase a cleaner specifically designed for stainless steel. You can find these special cleaners online or anywhere that sells cleaning supplies, but don’t use them for daily cleaning; a bar of simple dish soap and water is usually sufficient.
- Never use abrasive cleaners or sponges on stainless steel appliances, as they will permanently scratch the surface.
- You should clean up spills as soon as possible. Once something is dry it is much harder to clean.
- Don’t overfill the refrigerator. If there is enough airflow, the refrigerator will cool more effectively, and if it is too full, it will be more difficult to see or clean the stains.
- Get rid of lingering odors in your Crisper by placing a piece of crumpled Brown paper grocery bag inside and letting it sit for 48 hours. Paper Will Absorb odors. If there are any spills or hard-to- Remove leftovers, let the rack or Drawer soak in the sink for a few minutes. It will be fine right away.
- Keep your refrigerator shiny with a Good exterior cleaning. Just wipe it off With a cloth sprayed with general Cleaners. Remember to clean the top Of the refrigerator from time to time.
- The drip tray in the refrigerator is Designed to Catch the water needed To Drained from the inside refrigerator. It might contain a nasty smell so make sure you clean it eventually.
- To avoid sticky spills, avoid reloading Dirty food containers or spoiled fruits And vegetables in the refrigerator. Immediately discard any items that are Out of date or have freshness issues. Use baking soda and water to clean jars, bottles. Before putting it back on, be sure to use a clean cloth and dry everything thoroughly. To make this task easier, clean the refrigerator items while cooking and preparing meals.
- To fix the odors, sprinkle vanilla extract on a few cotton balls, place it in a shallow dish, and put it in the fridge. The orange extract also works.
- You can prevent odors between cleanings. Put an opened box of baking soda behind the refrigerator to absorb odors. Baking soda is a natural odor absorber and has no odor, so you don’t have to worry about it transferring different odors to your food. The box worked for this purpose for several months, after which you need to change it.
Check for damaged items and if you find them, throw them away immediately. Wipe up the spill or leak jars and other foods.
Wipe down the refrigerator with a damp cloth to make sure it is still free of bacteria and germs. (Door, top, sides, and handle).
Thoroughly clean your fridge by removing all food and putting it in the freezer to make sure it stays cold. Take out all your glass drawers and shelves and wash them. Remember to always avoid scented soaps when cleaning the refrigerator.
Plan to clean the refrigerator regularly. Keeping the space organized and ensuring that space is not wasted on things that are not needed is a simple task. In addition, a clean refrigerator can keep the entire kitchen feel fresher.